Monday, July 27, 2009

Leftover Salmon Salad

I find myself thinking to myself, "If I just had 10 more minutes, I'd ____________." Today is my last day of clinical, and I'm at a therapy place 5 minutes from my house. We had a patient cancel because she had chest pain, so my lunch break got extended to 1.5 hours. Magic. I am at my house, having cleaned the interior of my car, started a load of laundry, and washed a few dirty dishes. With a few leftovers in my refrigerator, I made a pretty amazing lunch.

Leftover Salmon Salad
* 1/2 a bag of Butter Lettuce mix (salad in a bag)
* 1/2lbs of leftover cooked salmon
* 1 avocado, quite ripe
* tomato remnant OR 1 pinch of sun dried tomatoes
* Parmesan cheese (or whatever cheese you have) sprinkled liberally, any way you have it
* 1 hard boiled egg (you might have to fix one, but your eggs could be near expiring!)
* 1 big pinch of sunflower seeds
* small pinch of leftover dill (or whatever fresh herbs might be lying around)
* EVOO or Italian salad dressing

No comments: