Sunday, October 4, 2009

Patriots Game at Meehan's

The Meehan's Public House (http://www.101concepts.com/articles/category/meehans-sandy-springs/) near the house happens to be a Patriots bar. This week was the Falcon's bye week, so Nick and I chose to head to Meehan's to support our other favorite team battle it out in an all-Pats atmosphere.

Meehan's is owned by 101 Concepts, as in Food 101 (a restaurant I have previously reviewed on here). Their menu has so many great things to choose from. I was really looking for something meaty, so I asked our waitress, Christen, about the Farmstead burger. When I explained to her my food restrictions, she brought over Shane, another waiter. Shane also has Celiac Disease, and pointed out a few of his favorites on the menu for me. He highly recommended my burger choice, with a side of spinach. I paired the food with Meehan's Sunday special bottomless mimosas- a little strange, but very delicious.

The organic Farmstead burger features a bison burger, with cheddar cheese, a fried egg, bacon, lettuce & tomato. Shane had the kitchen staff add extra lettuce, to make a lettuce bun. This burger was amazing. It has to be one of Atlanta's best burgers. I highly reccomend sampling this one. I know Nick and I will be going back for more food and football this season.

No comments: