Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mayo

I made mayo.  Yes!  from scratch.  The mayo making was easy, and its very tasty.  I used my beloved food processor.  The recipe was in the last issue of my Living Without magazine.  As silly as it may seem, making the mayonnaise was a goal of mine for this month off of school.

What else have I done?  I made photo tags for my gifts again this year.  This time, I did them in color and used wedding photos.  I caught up on the pile of laundry and ironing that has been sitting in the laundry room. Nick and I decorated for Christmas two weekends ago.  He hung the lights and I did the little tree and stockings.  Today, I made a card tree.  I had wanted some crafty way of displaying everyone's Christmas cards, so I walked outside and gathered some sticks from outside.  I stuck them in a bucket of dirt, and WHALLAH! Insta-card tree.


I worked on my craft-for-charity project today.  I am making magnets out of the plastic caps that come off of medicine vials from work.  About two months ago, I put up little collection bowls (made out of washed micorwave noodle bowls). I had no idea how many of those little caps one small hospital could collect so many of those plastic things!  The idea of how many of those are sitting in landfills is totally disturbing, and I am not a crazy recycling tree hugger girl.  The idea is that I am going to sell them for a few bucks at work and give the money to the adolescent team (my team of patients) for outings and such.

For my birthday, my hubby got me a new android phone!  I am officially a woman of the present.  I downloaded a free recipe app.  So, last week I made white chili and this week, turkey chili.  Last week the chili action seemed more appropriate, because it was actually cold.  Today it was 62.  Ha.  Both chilies were stellar!  The turkey one was surprisingly spicy.

No comments: