Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thai Noodle Bowl

Atlanta is cooooooooold right now! It was 17 degrees when I work up this morning. Imagine that. I dream about moving back to New England, but I don't think I can survive the cold. Maybe I'll just have to settle for a summer house.

Until then, I'll be looking for a warm lunch. Here is a simple, quick dish to throw together at lunch or as a quick dinner.

Thai Noodle Bowl

2 ounces uncooked white rice pasta
1 tablespoon GF peanut butter
1 tablespoon lime juice (lemon works well, too)
1 garlic clove, grated
1 one inch piece of ginger, grated
2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables (I chose Bird's Eye broccoli florets, carrots, and water chestnuts)
1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
2 scallions, sliced
1 chicken breast cut into bite-sized morsels
1 tablespoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

After prepping your ingredients, start the pasta.

Next, warm the EVOO in a large skillet. Cook the chicken niblets until there is no pink in the center, drain the juice, and set aside on a plate. Wipe the pan out with a paper towel.

Saute the garlic, ginger, lime juice, and peanut butter on medium heat in the same pan as the chicken. Add the veggies and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are no longer frozen and are tender.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste, top with scallions and peanuts, and enjoy!

No comments: