Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ceriously? Ceriously. Cereal.

I remember combing the cereal aisle when I first got diagnosed with Celiac Disease to try and find something that was GF. Each time I saw a new GF cereal on the shelf, I'd give it a try. There were definitely a few boxes I regretted trying. Tastes like sweetened baking powder? Thrown out. Doesn't taste like anything? I might finish it just because it was expensive. Now that there are plenty of GF cereals on the market, I aim for GF and tasty. I could pull a line about being careful on what you spend your mone on in "this ecomony," but I'll spare you. Here are a few cereals I think are top notch.



O's: Whole O's by Nature's Path are not sweet but not dry. These are my favorite GF cereal. I think they taste closer to the "real thing" (Cheerios) than other brand's attempts at O's.



Corn Flakes, Non-Frosted: I really enjoy the Nature's path flakes, especially the lightly fruit juice sweetened ones. They aren't too kid-cereal surgary, and taste great with dried cranberries sprinkled on top.



Corn Flakes, Frosted: If you (or your kids) have a preference for frosted flakes, Amazon Frosted Flakes by Enviro-Kids are my favorites. They are nice and sweet, and don't taste particularly "organic."



Rice: If you are a rice krispy fan, Rice Twice is for you. They are light, fluffy, but don't taste like you are eating moistened carboard bits.



"Kid's" Cereal: If you are looking for the GF version of Kix, try EnviroKids Gorilla Munch. If you are looking for Cocoa Pebbles, try the EnviroKids Koala Crisp.

No comments: