Sunday, May 10, 2009

South City Kitchen

Matt decided we should all go to South City Kitchen for his birthday. This restaurant has been on my list of places to try for some time now. I have been ever so slightly hesitant because Southern food is not exactly the first thing of as GF-friendly. Before we went, I emailed the address listed on the website (http://www.southcitykitchen.com/midtown/index.htm). They assured me I would have no problems, and to let my server know.

At the restaurant, I notified my server about my food concerns. Jeffery, the chef, came out to our table to talk to me. He was very nice and very helpful. I pointed out a few things on the menu that sounded appealing to me. Jeffrey was relaxed and took the time to really find me a food experience I would enjoy. He recommended the Cider and Chile Pork Braised Shanks first, the jambalaya second. I took his enthusiastic recommendation, and ordered the pork. It was an amazing dish. The pork fell off the bone, and the Brussels sprouts were rich and mouth-watering. I sampled a bite of my boyfriend's "Country Captain" and loved it. I highly recommend trying the restaurant and the pork shanks. Next time, I am trying the jambalaya.

No comments: