Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wahoo!


Wahoo! Grill is a Decatur staple. It has been four years since I moved to Decatur, and I just made my first trip to this Zagat-rated restaurant. Tisk, tisk.

From the front, I imagined this historic-looking buiding to hold a small restaurant in it's four walls. My imagination was not large enough to hold the expanse of Wahoo!. Our birthday party of ten was set up on the patio. The restuarant interior opens out into a charming patio, and ends in a lovely garden.

When I called ahead to find out about GF accomodations, I learned they would accomodate with whatever I wanted- making an item on the menu GF or allowing me invent a GF plate of my own. My fellow GF friend and I both ordered the Wahoo!, with two sides of veggies. It seemed like the only dish that was inherently GF. I was not familiar with wahoo, a fish. To me, the fish looked like, tasted like, and had the texture of chicken. Overall, I thought the dish was average.

I would go back with friends who love this restaurant for a second shot, since I've heard rave reviews about Wahoo!. Going to Wahoo! for just a drink would be very enjoyable- their drink menu is extensive and their mixed drinks very interesting and delicious.

No comments: