Friday, May 30, 2008

Ritters

When trying new restaurants, even if the people at the restaurant say they can accommodate my G-Fness, I'm always skeptical, if not mildly anxious.

Ritters is another place I know I can go without a problem. It's my boyfriend's discovery. I've been there twice now with him. The first time I thought steak couldn't get any better. This time, I had the special- a smoked/brown sugar sauce action piece of pork served over fingerling potatoes with veggies on the side.

Let me start with this: the waiter knew what is naturally G-F on the menu. Brilliant! This time around for the pork special, the chef informed the waiter that the sauce he had made wasn't G-F this go around. So the waiter comes back, suggests a few dairy-containing sauces. I tell him I have to 86 the dairy. The waiter goes to consult with the chef. He comes by once to fill our water glasses, and I'm waiting for the sauce update. None. The second time he comes by, I ask. The waiter tells me the chef is whipping up a special G-F sauce.

My meal was incredible. I've been talking about it for the last week and a half.

Five of five stars!

No comments: