Monday, May 19, 2008

Straits

Two weekends ago, my boyfriend and I met up with friends for a birthday dinner at Straits (http://www.straitsrestaurants.com/). A restaurant owned by Ludacris, Straights took over the former Spice restaurant, keeping it's trendy atmosphere. We came into a quiet night, although Straits didn't officially open until the following Tuesday. The food is a inspired by Singapore, and features various Southeast Asian dishes.

At the bottom of their menu, there us a blurb asking patrons with allergies to talk to the manager about their needs. Our waiter did a good job making sure I got my allergen-free food, though seemed a little overwhelmed by our party of 12.

I ordered the muscles. Straits serves family style, so as soon as a dish is ready, it is served, so the diners can eat their food fresh and hot. As dish after dish was laid on the table, I was curious to see how mine would be served. Although we missed what some of the waiters said as they laid down other dishes, mine was called out "Specially prepared muscles." The waiter made sure it passed straight into my hands. :) I enjoyed every bite.

No comments: