Monday, July 7, 2008

Attempted Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings

"Ain't no thing like a chicken wing" ~ Lauryn Hill

I really wanted chicken wings. After this trial though, I've decided they might be better on the grill. I used the sauce recipe from a magazine I was "reading" while keeping both eyes on the toddler I was babysitting today. Here is the link: http://food.realsimple.com/realsimple/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1815633

I attempted to bake the wings at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, but they were missing the crispiness on the outside that I love, so I put all but two of them in the oven again on broil for another 5-ish minutes. Let me say that the picture of the website looks so much better than mine, that I am not posting a picture of my wings.


Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings

1/4 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt
3 1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 25)

In a large bowl, combine the jam, vinegar, ginger, cayenne, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture. Add the chicken wings to the large bowl and toss to coat.





Good luck!

No comments: