Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Atlanta Gluten Free Dinner Club

Since I work on Fridays (I clock in at 0630), I can honestly say I have still never gone to one of their meet-ups. The meet-up site has a discussion board that I have been poking around lately that is really good. Learning about G-F restaurants in Atlanta is also wonderful.

When I first joined this meetup, it had a different name. The new name reflects how G-F people eat, not their disease process. I really appreciate the focus of living healthy choices, not suffering with a "condition."

One of the new restaurants in Atlanta the Dinner Club has been involved with is Legal Seafoods (http://www.legalseafoods.com/). This has always been a favorite place of mine to visit in Boston. Last Thanksgiving, my dad and I went for lunch after a long treck around the city. I was impressed by our server's knowledge of the food, their G-F menu, and (as always) the quality of their food. I give them two thumbs up.

Nick and I are looking foward to the opening of Pizza Fusion (http://www.pizzafusion.com/)- where wheat-eaters and non-wheat eaters can dine together, enjoying PIZZA!!! :) I will be munching on the goat-cheese pizza in just a few short weeks. Maybe I'll even make the meet-up on Sunday, Novemeber 23rd.

No comments: