Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nick's Saturday Lunch

I am spoiled. If I made a resume for Nick on his credentials for being the best boyfriend, it would take days for anyone to read. Case in point: I came home after a crappy day at work to the dogs being walked/run, dirty dishes cleaned, leafy porch swept, and Nick plating lamb chops, potatoes, and salad as I trudged up the stairs. (Why was my day so ugly? I asked myself. Hhmmm... I can't remember.)

Saturday I woke up after a late night (my roomate's super-fun birthday party). Nick called and got me out of bed sometime just before 11, on his way over. He suggested a honey-glazed chicken breast on the grill. Maybe throw in some zucchini, a side of rice. The next thing I remember was rolling into the parking lot at the Farmer's Market.

Nick's sauce involved honey, chili powder, garlic, and shallot. The zucchini we painted with olive oil and sea salt. Let's just say, I wish I had leftovers.

No comments: