Friday, August 1, 2008

Buckhead Diner

I'm even more in love with the Buckhead Life Group's edible scavenger hunt. Monday night we went to Buckhead Diner for our second restaurant in the line of dinner club restaurants.

I'd been there once before with my mother and cousin. I loved my hamburger with fries, and they loved their food. I used to dread eating hamburger after hamburger in restaurants, but with the variety in my eating out diet, I couldn't resist. (Usually a Celiac's problem is eating a hamburger and side salad, missing out on a delicious hot plate of fries.)

This time around, I tried Mesclun Greens and Goat Cheese Fritter salad with Just Roasted Ashley Farms Chicken (minus the pot-pie-like base, and veggies instead of mashed potatoes). Divine. We have a joke at work that you never want to eat someone else's chicken, because it always comes out wrong. This chicken was moist, flavorful, delicious, and fell off the bone. I'd have taken a second helping, but I was full and happy.

No comments: