Thursday, August 7, 2008

GV Does Pasta


I love good pasta. Rice pasta is very hit or miss- sometimes even after washing it with cold water it still seems slimy. Sometimes the texture just is not smooth. Whatever your G-F pasta woes are, I have a few suggestions.

1. For rice pasta, my favorite brand (from Whole Foods) is Tinkyada ("pasta Joy"). This is my pick, because it is affordable no-fail pasta goodness.
2. Try corn pasta. It reminds me of the multi-colored pasta I had as a kid. It doesn't leave you with the gluten-containing pasta bloated feeling, so my non-GF eaters have liked it in the past.

For sauce, I will buy what is G-F and on sale, OR Alessi brand. I love their sauce, and it's not wildly expensive. I have been known to jazz up my sauce with garlic, maybe a few spices, and some cooked chicken or ground beef. It's a good way to recycle those cooked chicken breasts you need to eat before they go bad, or the leftover hamburger you had from over the weekend.

No comments: