Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fox Brothers BBQ

The last time I had barbecue was sometime before I was diagnosed with CD. I've lived in the South for 16 years, and have never really gotten into a lot of southern food. In fact, I have never liked a collard green.

Walking into Fox Brothers on of chilly night, I was a little nervous about trying the BBQ. I had emailed to make sure it was G-F/soy-free, so I knew I should in theory be safe. As we settled in to our table, my high school soundtrack played in the background, Grateful Dead, Government Mule, Dispatch. I ordered ribs, collards, and green beans. My ribs were a little dry, and I'm not too much of a fan of extra sauce, so left that off. The green beans were so overwhelmingly spicy that I don't think I tasted an actual green bean. The collards? I loved them.

My rating on our Monday Night Dinner Club spreadsheet? A 7/10.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thanks so much for this post! I want to take the GF Dinner Club out for BBQ next year. Now I have three places to choose from. Hopefully I'll be able to convince one of them to make us gf cornbread too!