Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Legal Seafoods

The Monday Night Dinner Crew hit up Legal Seafoods this week. Per the recommendation of the restaurant, I valeted my car at the Hilton. (That turned into the longest valet experience of all.) I walked into the the bar on the first level. The second level is full of tables and a huge wine storage cabinet. Sammy guessed correctly- there are about 500 bottles on wine on the premise in the big wine locker on any given day.

I think everyonee else gave the restaurant a 7/10. I gave it a 9. They have a separate G-F menu, with plenty of things to choose from. The waitress knew exactly what was in every dish, and how the G-F dishes were made. Sung, our toughest critic and founder of the MNDC, had low expectations to start with. Look how serious he is, even when fiddling with my lobster's claw.

I loved my "light" clam chowder- chowder made with G-F broth instead of cream base. I had the lobster bake, so ate a lobster and a pile of mussels and little neck clams. I was in 7th Heaven. In fact, I think lobster is my favorite food, tied with sushi and fillet. They are easy to crack open, have light juicy meat, and get dipped in my favorite condiment (butter). I think I might have even looked hot in my plastic bib.

One thing I will add is that we paid at the table, using little wireless credit card machines. I can see how this will be helpful in the future, especially for people like Nick who like to finish eating and run out the door. Only, we found it to be kind of tedious and a little confusing.

1 comment:

LSteenblik said...

Oh man. I love that picture of Sung. Thanks again for posting about your restaurant adventures. I hope you guys are still having them when I come back to visit in Jan!