Monday, January 19, 2009

Eros World Tapas Bar

For Amanda's birthday, we all piled into Eros on Friday night. Eros, formerly Pie Bar, and (rumor has it) formerly a bank, has a unique circular shape and a tall domed ceiling. The Mediterranean tapas bar plays club music and has a patio that (as of the day after we went) has a heated patio.

My waitress was a bit stunned at my GF/soy-free requests. My choices were: Mussels Garlic White Wine Sauce, Eros Salad, a d Grilled Lamb Chops. I ordered all three. The mussels broth was unfortunately overpowered by black pepper. My Eros salad was good, but was a bit heavy on the dressing. Thankfully, the lamb chops were masterfully cooked.

Aside from not enjoying 2/3 of my meal, my biggest problem came dinner, when I had a gluten reaction from the food. I might go back... but only for a plate of lamb chops with a drink at the bar.

No comments: