Sunday, March 15, 2009

Amanda's Farewill at Taverna Plaka

I realized Amanda was truly moving when we gave each other a final goodbye hug on Friday night. Amanda is packing up and moving back home to Toledo, OH to be closer to her family and to finish her nursing degree. Her BFF arranged a party at Taverna Plaka, a Greek restaurant complete with Ouzo and belly dancers.

Being a Friday night in Lent, Nick and I ordered a cheese and olive plate to share as an appetizer. The ample plate contained firm and slightly crumbly feta cheese surrounded by salty black olives. For dinner, I ate a salmon, served with lemon potatoes and spinach. Each sweet flavor married perfectly, and each piece was perfectly cooked. My friend Jamie and I split a bottle of Tsantali Merlot. Usually I am not big into Merlots, but this wine was light and peppery. I enjoyed every bite, each sip, and every dance by the belly dancer.

The resturant has the dimmed lights of a Greek tavern, with music getting you revved up for a dlicious meal and grea comraderie. Us girls even got to enjoy a little table dancing ourselves, but without the belly dancer accompianiment. Ompa!

No comments: