Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where I've Been

Once I got home from vacation, I was in a bit of a hurried fog. I have been rushing to finish a class, work has been extremely busy, and do a long list of things I swore I'd do after the New Year. And then all of a sudden it dawned on me that it's mid-March. To be honest, I haven't really been cooking anything noteworthy. There are a few things I've done:

1. Made the best GF brownies in the whole wide world of chocolate cravings from a mix made by Namaste. I am a big fan of their mixes, but this brownie mix was truly to die for- moist, chocolaty, and delicious.


2. Re-discovered the magic and convenience of sandwiches made from Boar's Head deli meats. Today my amazing sandwich creation involved:
- 2 pieces of flax seed bread, one with a "shmear" of a new delicious Kosher mayo I discovered and the other with a layer of garlic hummus.
- a layer of smoked turkey
- a thick slice of a ripe red tomato
- a side of plain potato chips

3. Last week, while it was in the 70's, I reconnected with hamburgers over the charcoal grill.

4. Re-introduced small amounts of cow-dairy cheese into my life, with success. It will be nacho night, with a side of Lactaid. We'll see how this one goes. ;)

No comments: