Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baraonda


I bought my father two tickets for the King Tut exhibit at the Atlanta Civic Center as a birthday present. We made it a Koranda Family affair, and Aunt Lee, Nick, and I all went with Dad and his girlfriend. We spent a few hours gawking at the marvels of Egyptian artifacts, then planned on getting "treats" somewhere afterwards. In the end, my aunt and I lobbied for Baraonda, an Italian restaurant near the Fox Theatre. I've been wanting to try out Baraonda for a long time, despite it being Italian.

The decor and service were all I'd hoped for. Doors open with the warmth of spring, stucco walls, Italian wine posters, rustic wooden tables, everything just as I imagined. Our waiter was accomodating to my father and I's GF needs, my aunt's garlic-free needs, and my Dad's girlfriend's need for fish. We started with an antipasto plate of fresh meats, olives, and greens. Next, Nick and I tried the gorgonzola salad. Divine. In the end, four of us ordered the organge ruffy special, and Nick got a cheese pizza. Usually I am not a lover of steak-like fish, but this ruffy was amazingly good. The was laid upon a bed of spinach and topped with a tomato vegetable mixture. I enjoyed my experience so much, I would love to go back again. Maybe next time I'll go for appetizers and wine.

No comments: