Thursday, April 2, 2009

Season's 52

Nick's birthday brought us to Season's 52. We'd been talking about "checking it out" for months, and finally had a reason to go. We visited on a dreary Friday; I found the woods and warm lighting to be warm and soothing. We had a table for 12 in the center of the restaurant, giving me a good view to visually eavesdrop on the other restaurant-goers. We had two doting waitresses to serve our party. I listened passively as one waitress explained how flatbread is Season's 52 a house specialty, and perked up when they mentioned that each dish has less than 475 calories.

While I perused the menu, I enjoyed the Escape Sweet Shiraz. This wine is like no other I have tried before- the sweet shiraz was the perfect blend of candy-fruit and rich red. Since it was a Lenten Friday, I headed for the fish portion of the menu. (Then, distracted by the wine's goodness, the words of a close friend came to mind: "I could get into some trouble with that." Focus.) I decided on the grilled boneless rainbow trout. The fish was tender and moist, and the potatoes and asparagus on the side complemented the fish well. I was very happy. Once we finished, Nick blew out a candle on his shot glass desert. We each tried one of the desert glasses Season's 52 offers. The only GF desert was a fresh fruit cup. Each of the shot glasses is just the perfect "sugar fix" after a good meal.

My only complaint was the service at the end of our experience. Once the table was cleared, we waited about 25 minutes for the check before 2 of the men at our table asked the hostess and waitress if we could have our check. We all waited, watching a party of prom kids larger than ours, who arrived later than us, leave. Forty-five minutes passed by before we actually received our bills. I talked to a few other foodie friends who have been to Season's 52 and have never had a problem with the service, so I will not be holding it against them. All considered, the food was fresh, healthy, and delicious- 3 reasons I will be going to Season's 52 again.

No comments: