Sunday, October 10, 2010

Professional Engineering Recognition Dinner


On Wednesday we attended a Professional Engineer (PE) Recognition Dinner at the Georgia Tech Hotel to recognize our newly appointed PE's. Here is the problem with attending catered events: one never knows what she will be fed. Nick emailed the lady in charge of the dinner, but we had no response. We assumed I'd either a) not be able to eat anything, or b) be confused with a vegan and be served grilled veggies macerated in balsamic vinegar. The best of circumstances is like that of the last wedding we attended- I am served a protein + veggies. The more mediocre outcome was that of the PE dinner- I was served a vegan meal. For those of you who are vegans, power to you. I, on the other hand, have never been satisfied with a protein-less meal (I can't eat soy), so veganism just is not going to work out for me. Plus, GF living is not vegan living. It just is not.

Since Nick never got a response about the meal selection at the PE dinner, we hit up Hotel Palomar beforehand for snacks and drinks. The decor is very classy- the booths are crescent shaped, facing the center of the restaurant's action. Our waiter really impressed me by asking first if anyone had food allergies or dietary concerns. He was helpful in answering questions I had about the menu items. Ali and I ordered 6 things off of the meat/cheese plate on the app menu. I thoroughly enjoyed all of our selections. While we snacked, I looked at the real menu. It was a bit hard to read (the menu was a piece of paper attached to a limp piece of leather ), but I did find a few selections I would like to try on our next visit.

No comments: