Monday, January 3, 2011

Betty Crocker


I don't know when it happened, but Betty Crocker took the soy out of their cake mix! For people like me who are super sensitive to gluten and anything chemically similar (i.e., secondary grains like soy). For New Year's Eve, I baked some of Betty's GF cupcakes. Instead of making my usual butter cream icing, I used Pamela's icing mix. Both items turned out really well. The Betty's had a very very slight GF texture, but the taste was amazing. To me, this is the best yellow cake mix-in-the-box that I have tried thus far. For whatever reason, the chocolate boxes turn out smoother and other yellow cake brands grainier.

The Pamela's icing was so soooo good! It was smooth and creamy- better than mine! It also wasn't overly sugar-sweet, which I prefer.

My cupcakes got lots of complements from the gluten-eaters at the party, which always means a lot to me. I am really excited that us GF-ers have more options for GF desserts. Go try some!

No comments: