Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blue Moon Pizza


Nick and I's first dinner in 2011 was Blue Moon Pizza. Nick needed to fulfill a pizza craving, and I needed to try another GF pizza. We drove over to the Smyrna location and sat at one of the high boy tables. Everything on their menu (except steak) can be made into a personal sized GF pizza. Although the GF pizzas only come in personal size, the personal size is 8". There are quite a few interesting choices, such as Thai Chicken, Bacon Cheeseburger, and Santa Fe. Blue Moon also has GF beer and cider on their adult beverage menu.

Nick ordered us GF brushetta. The bread portion was phenomenal. The topping was much to vinegary for my taste. Maybe brushetta is supposed to be tomatoes and onions bathed in an ocean of balsamic. I've never had brushetta before, since that particular food trend occurred after my conversion to GF. I've never been curious enough to buy a jar of brushetta and sample it on bread.

I kept my pie traditional and ordered a Greek pizza, heavy sauce, light on the house cheese. My pizza had a soft thin crust. The more GF pizza I eat, the more I realize that it's harder to make a GF thick crust (the issue being rising). I really loved it. The fresh basil leaves were a tad hard to bite through; I kept pulling off the basil when I bit into the slice. I ate until I was stuffed, and still had 2 more pieces for breakfast.

Conclusion: I'll be back for more!

No comments: