Saturday, January 1, 2011

Disney's Magic

On the morning of Christmas Eve, Nick and I made a trip to Animal Kingdom. I had looked over Disney's website the week before to review places we could eat at. Not only does Disney post the estimated cost of each restaurant, but they also recommend restaurants in each park that are allergen friendly. They ask that you notify places with reservations early (good idea). They are all about making your stay amazing. We made plans to eat at the Restaurantosaurus. (Incredibly fun name, I know!)

Once Nick and I were in the park and had decided to take a break from traveling through Africa and Asia, we mosied on over to the Restaurantosaurus. When we walked in, I asked the hostess how I could have my food allergy needs met. She explained the process like this: "I will press a magic button, and one of our managers will magically appear. He will give you the magic allergen-free menu, and you can choose whatever you woud like. Then we will serve it to you right here." The process was just as magical as she described. I had quite a few choices, burgers with GF buns, GF mac and cheese, chicken tenders, and a few others. I chose chicken tenders, and let the magic unfold.

I had not eaten a chicken tender in 7 years. I'd written them off, really. Breaded fried meat? I'd live without it just fine. But oh! The Disney magic GF chicken tender was magnificent. They were crispy breaded on the outside and hot meat on the inside. They were mouth-watering. I ate three of the large tenders and was full. I sacrificed myself for the fourth one. Nick even said that the breading was just right- not too exessive like on many glutinous tenders. I was in heaven. Amazing food experience in a magical place with a fun name. Ahhhhhhhhhh!


No comments: